Mongolian Ground Lamb
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil (for cooking)
- 2 cups chopped Chinese Garlic Chives (you could use 1 cup scallions)
- 2 Tbsp homemade chopped salted chiles
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 Tbsp cooking sherry/Shaoxing Wine
- 2 Tbsp Double Black Soy Sauce (subt norrmal soy with a little brown sugar or molasses - Note: link for product comparison. Did not buy from there)
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Heat wok to very hot.
- Add peanut oil. Continue heating until smoking.
- Add chives. Stir fry until slightly wilted. (30 seconds - 1 minute)
- Add chopped salted chiles. Stir ceaselessly. Cook for another 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add lamb. Cut up with wok spatula and stir until the whole mixture looks uniform and you have tiny chunks, like a bolognese sauce's beef, and lamb is 9/10's cooked.
- Add wine/sherry, soy and sesame. Keep stirring and tossing like a mad-thing.
Serve on plenty of rice. This is a "rice sending" dish, so you have a little of this on a lot of rice. Two servings each for us was 2/3 of the total dish.