Bok Choy braised with Garlic
Adapted from Recipe from Cook's Illustrated.
- 2 T peanut oil
- 1 medium head bok choy (1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds), cut up and prepped
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced or pressed through garlic press
- 3/4 Cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- Heat large nonstick or seasoned skillet over high heat until hot, about 2 minutes. Add oil, swirl to coat pan bottom. Add bok choy stalks and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add bok choy greens, chicken stock, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring twice, until bok choy is very tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove cover, increase heat to medium-high, and cook until excess liquid evaporates, 2 to 3 minutes. (Bok choy should be moist but not soupy.) Stir in rice vinegar and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper; serve immediately.