Roasted Beets with Balsamic Glaze
Ingredients: (Modified due to availability in CSA - Full Circle)
- 1 1/2 pounds golden beets
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line baking sheet or roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Place beets in pan, drizzle with olive oil and rub it into each beet.
- Cover beets with another sheet of foil
- Roast for 1 hour. After 1 hour, test for doneness with a fork. When fork slips in easily, the beets are done. If not, cook for another 15 to 20 minutes and test again. When done, remove from oven.
- As beets are cooling, create glaze by heating sugar and balsamic vinegar on high until reduced to a syrup consistency.
- After beets have cooled enough to handle but are still warm, peel each one. Then cut into quarters.
- In a big enough bowl, combine beets and glaze and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste.