Traditional Baba Ganoush
Revision as of 14:07, 13 August 2015 by Malcolm (Created page with "Based on [http://allrecipes.com/recipe/traditional-baba-ghanoush recipe from allrecipes]. Ingredients: * 1 large eggplant * 1 1/2 Tablespoons Tahini * 4 garlic cloves, mashed...")
Based on recipe from allrecipes.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Tahini
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed/minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (1 oz)
- 1T olive oil (or to taste)
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch dried parsley flakes (garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Turn heat on stove element(s) to medium or high. Char outside of eggplant.
- Set oven to 400 F.
- Pierce crown of eggplant (near stem) and/or score sides.
- Roast charred eggplant until it collapses. (about 40 minutes to 1 hour).
- Let eggplants cool until cool enough to handle.
- Peel eggplant and discard skin. Chop eggplant roughly and add to clean bowl.
- Add all ingredients but the parsley and some of the oil, stir and salt to taste.
- Mix thoroughly and allow to stand (to allow flavors to mix and blossom).
- Server drizzled with a little oil and sprinkled with parsley flakes, and pepper flakes, if desired.