Difference between revisions of "Shrimp Couscous Salad"
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
Latest revision as of 11:28, 2 July 2012
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 2 cups dried couscous
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced into thin ribbons
- 2 T cumin
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced in half
- handful radishes sliced
- 5-6 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add 2.5 cups boiling water to couscous in a large bowl, stirring and then let sit to absorb the water.
- Make the dressing by whisking the lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- If you like, add some hot chili pepper flakes to taste too.
- Set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to the couscous. Pour dressing over the couscous and stir to distribute evenly.
Notes: You can play with the amounts of these dressing ingredients to find the way you like it. (I particularly like NOT using vinegar, but some might like this instead of the lemon juice.) You can also add other vegetables experimenting with what tastes good to you. I often bring this one to pot lucks because it is so quick and easy.