Grapefruit-Moroccan Mint Iced Tea
Revision as of 18:09, 13 June 2015 by Malcolm (Created page with "From: [http://www.foodchannel.com/recipes/recipe/grapefruit-iced-tea/] with the following tweaks (for when you're low on grapefruit juice and tea): Ingredients: * 8 quarts wa...")
From:  with the following tweaks (for when you're low on grapefruit juice and tea):
- 8 quarts water (hot)
- 8 teabags of Moroccan Mint tea
- 2 cups 1:1 by weight brown sugar simple syrup (heat and stir about 9 oz each by weight, then cool)
- 12 oz grapefruit juice
- 2 oz calamansi vinegar (to taste - be conservative)
- Pinch of salt
- Stir and taste as you go! (pro tip: Have a dipping spoon/ladle and then a tasting spoon/cup/tumbler. Use dipping spoon to pour a small tasting portion into the tasting vessel. Sip from the tasting vessel so you never contaminate the original mixture.)
- Steep tea in water. Gently squeeze steeped teabags into mix and discard.
- Make simple syrup. Let cool.
- Add citrus juice. Taste. Add vinegar to taste by small increments. It can get very strong very quickly.
- Add simple syrup slowly until right taste is achieved (until the mix is sufficiently but not overly sweet and you just start tasting the molasses note of the brown sugar).
- Add a pinch of salt. Stir and take a final taste.