Grapefruit, Avocado and Hazelnut Salad
Stellar salad for New Year's Eve 2014:
- 1 large cocktail or other mild grapefruit
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- Approx 3 T toasted chopped/crushed hazelnuts
- Sprinkle of flake salt
- Big pinch of Urfa Biber pepper flakes (a little heat but a tangy/raisiny taste) - maybe subst with combo of Pimenton or Ancho or Aleppo, but you'll lose
- Supreme and deseed the grapefruit per DearMartini YouTube video and cut into bite sized chunks.
- Peel and cut avocado into similar size chunks.
- Sprinkle with flake salt.
- Sprinkle with Urfa pepper.
- Season to taste and drizzle with olive oil or dress (if necessary and to taste) with a lemon/oil/salt/pepper vinaigrette, depending on grapefruit juiciness.