Delicious Basic Pancakes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Adapted from Martha:
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Raw sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 large eggs
- vegetable oil/olive oil for cooking
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt butter and warm milk. Whisk in egg for a uniform batch of liquid ingredients.
- Whisk together liquid and dry ingredients. There should be no or very few lumps.
- Let batter sit for a couple of minutes.
- Heat skillet. Add a little (1 or 2 teaspoons) oil.
- Cook a scant 1/3 cup of batter in the oiled pan at a time (for each pancake). Pancake is ready to flip when bubbles form through the middle and the edges dry out a little.
- Cook until golden brown.