Difference between revisions of "Coconut Pancakes"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "From [Girl vs Dough http://www.girlversusdough.com/2015/10/01/fluffy-coconut-flour-pancakes/] Future tweaks: * I'd suggest swapping in neutral veg oil. * Maybe adding pureed...")
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
From [http://www.girlversusdough.com/2015/10/01/fluffy-coconut-flour-pancakes/ ]
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
Latest revision as of 09:38, 13 December 2016
From Girl vs Dough
- I'd suggest swapping in neutral veg oil.
- Maybe adding pureed cottage cheese or ricotta to build off the texture?
- Reduce the coconut flour a bit?
- Hybridize with egg-ricotta pancake recipe?
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (liquid state, not solid*)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (see link above in post for my recommendation!)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- NOTE*: I melted my coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat just until it became a liquid. After letting it cool a minute or two, I then added it to the wet ingredients.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and oil until combined. In a separate medium bowl, whisk coconut flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; stir with a fork until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Grease griddle or skillet with oil or butter. Drop ladlefuls of batter, a scant ¼ cup each, onto hot griddle. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until small bubbles begin to form on top, then flip. Cook on other side 1 to 2 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve warm with your favorite pancake toppings.