Traditional Baba Ganoush
Based on recipe from allrecipes.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Tahini
- 1 large garlic clove, mashed/minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (1 oz)
- 1T olive oil (or to taste)
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch dried parsley flakes (garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Turn heat on (gas) stove element(s) to medium or high. Char outside of eggplant, resting on grate and turning occasionally with tongs.
- Set oven to 400 F.
- Pierce crown of eggplant (near stem) and/or score sides.
- Roast charred eggplant until it collapses. (about 40 minutes to 1 hour).
- Let eggplants cool until cool enough to handle.
- Peel eggplant and discard skin. Chop eggplant roughly and add to clean bowl.
- Add all ingredients but the parsley and some of the oil, stir and salt to taste.
- Mix thoroughly and allow to stand (to allow flavors to mix and blossom).
- Serve drizzled with a little oil and sprinkled with parsley flakes, and pepper flakes, if desired.
- Original recipe calls for 4 cloves of garlic per eggplant. Either these folks are using HUGE eggplants or small/mild garlic cloves.