Prepared foods that are particularly favored.
- Cacio di Roma
Malcolm's first favorite sheep's cheese, it's semi-soft like a cheddar or Pecornio Toscano but its flavor is very mild and nutty, sort of like Manchego.
- Formaggio Pecorino Dolce Paulis
Sharp, tart with a spicy, nutty finish.
- Pecorino Antico Mugello (search for "Pecorino Antico Mugello")
A semi-soft, not crumbly cheese. Piquant but not pungent. Very pleasant for eating by itself or with crackers.
- Pecorino Elighe
Hard sheep's milk cheese, pleasantly pungent. Obtained at Berkeley Bowl. Used in White Peach, Cheese and Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Pecorino Moliterno with Truffles
Another hard sheep's milk cheese. Very hard, very pungent and filled with truffley flavors. Obtained at Berkeley Bowl. Really tasty. Eaten alone or with a strong drink?
- Pecorino Toscano (search for "Pecorino Toscano")
A soft, young cheese with complex flavors and a slightly better finish. Piquant and complex. Mildly pungent. Young.
Flours and Starches
- Frontera All Natural Chipotle Hot Sauce
Nice warming hot, not too tangy.