Basic Spelt Pancakes
Revision as of 16:10, 10 May 2015 by Malcolm (Created page with "Adapted from King Arthur Flour via [http://wholegrainscouncil.org/recipes/main-dishes/simple-spelt-pancakes Whole Grains Council]. Ingredients: * 2 cups (7 ounces) whole spel...")
Adapted from King Arthur Flour via Whole Grains Council.
- 2 cups (7 ounces) whole spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons (7/8 ounce) sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (14 ounces) milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon agave or other syrup (optional)
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat milk with butter until butter melts (approx 3 minutes in the microwave).
- Make well in dry ingredients. Break eggs into well.
- Pour milk and butter into well. Mix everything until dry ingredients are wet. Need not be very well mixed. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Check batter for looseness. Should be pourable, not pour in ribbons. Add milk in 1/4 cup increments and mix to loosen (if necessary).
- Heat skillet and add oil sparingly.
- Drop batter in 1/4 cup dollop per pancake. Cook on single side until edges firm up and bubbles come up through the flapjack. Flip pancake and cook until golden on second side.
- Serve with maple, blueberries and toasted, crushed hazelnuts.