Taken directly from Basic Crepes Recipe from Allrecipes.
Makes about 8 crepes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Original recipe's mixture method created a wet but slightly lumpy mixture. Also neglected to let it rest to, as Julia Childs puts it, let the flour particles soak up the liquid.
- Mix wet ingredients well.
- Sift flour and salt into wet ingredients, mixing.
- Let mixture rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat a good pan hot, but not too hot (low to medium heat).
- Add a small amount of oil or butter. Evenly distribute a light coat of oil all over the pan.
- Use 1/4 cup of batter, put it in the center of the pan and swirl it around, coating the pan in a thin coat of batter.
- Cook for 2 minutes, until you can see brown through the translucent center.
- Use a silicone spatula and work it quickly under the crepe, use spatula to flip the crepe.